Peugeot PY10FC

Undecided_I_think?

Retro Newbie
Hi,
I'm looking for some help with a valuation for my PY10FC for insurance purposes please. I know there aren't a lot of them around and obviously even fewer on the market so I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help.

It's in very good condition (hopefully the pictures will show that) with a lot of the original components and those that have been changed have been NOS where possible to original spec or as near as.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Barry

Attachments

• IMG_7811_1024.jpg
    IMG_7811_1024.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_7813_1024.jpg
    IMG_7813_1024.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_7816_1024.jpg
    IMG_7816_1024.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_7817_1024.jpg
    IMG_7817_1024.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 678
Hi, That`s a lovely example.Smaller frame sizes like this are even rarer . It looks to be original spec from 1985 /6 ? apart from the Stem and Bars , it would originally have come with a silly short Atax stem and Guidon Philippe engraved bars .It is still a very desireable sought after model to the right buyer, I have bought and restored lots of high end Pugs including a couple of these but valuation is tricky as it depends entirely on the integrity of the joints at the lugs. Finding one that is useable is rare and even then most would be put off by the fragility especially after 33 years. If it is as good as it looks it could be worth anywhere from £450 to £850 to a Peugeot enthusiast / collector . Some on here will laugh at that but if I was in the market for one , that`s what I would be willing to pay for a good `un. Conversely if the frames knackered then its worth the sum of its parts. I would insure it for a grand as they`ll rob you on any settlement anyway.

Cheers, I appreciate your advice and kind words. My initial thoughts were that it would need to be in excess of £1k from an insurance point of view.
I actually imported the bike from USA, where it was used as a daily commuter bike incredibly. There's no sign of fatigue or stress on any of the tubes or lug connections and it rides beautifully. More of a collection piece for me though as it has always been the bike of my boyhood dreams.

Back