2000 Raleigh R800

220kestrel

Retro Guru
Not seen too many of these on here so I thought I would show you mine.
Picked it up a few months back and it has quickly become my ride of choice.
Fabulous ride sooth and responsive.
I've ridden a few bikes of all materials and this is the best.
Probably flexs a bit but with my 70kg and rehab regime I can't tell!!!
Kitted out with a Tiagra 9 speed groupset.
I have changed the wheels and fitted a mnodern pair of Fulcrum 7s (like the white decals).
I have a 6500 groupset that could go on, time will tell.

Attachments

• R800 Fulcrum 7 RB.jpg
    R800 Fulcrum 7 RB.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 834
Re:

Rare as hens teeth and very nice.

If I recall correctly wasn't the R800 a titanium frame. If that is a 2000 frame, it would have been (along with mine) one of the last hand made frames out of Nottingham.

There was an R700 made of 853 and the same frame was available as a framset only, I have one complete with curved steel forks. This was my first proper road bike that I bought as a F&F's about seven years ago and although it is not currently built up, it soon could be. :mrgreen:

Yep that's the one. Titanium loveliness.
I had seen titanium Raleighs but they generally seemed to have oversized downtubes.
And then this came up. I have only seen one other on the net.
Similar paint scheme but in red and black.
All my info is from the net but is very limited.
The forks are not original but eh.
I also have a Sabbath September in titanium and the Raleigh wins hands down.

I had heard that there were 853 versions. Any chance you could post a pic?
Kerry.

Re:

Search for R700 and you will find the factory model.

This is what mine looked like. I had never built a road bike (long term mtb'er) so it was a little cobbled together, but it rode well which is why I still have it.

I changed a few things after the initial build, but the look remained the same.

Oh and the Raleigh decals were made for my by Gil_M as the originals were very tatty.

I do like 853 frames.

DSC_0144.JPG

Both very lovely frames and look great built up.
I had the 450?? MTB frame that looked like your style Neil. It was a 853 RSP version. Sent it back to OZ when I sold it.

Jamie

Re:

All of those RSP bikes were hand made. We used to have a member on here who was the production manager at the time, he was a mine of information.

My 853 was a bit of a mishmash of parts, if'n'when I build it up again it will look similar, but the running gear will be a little different.

I put in strava times on that which I have not been able to match since so it can't of been that bad.... ignorance is bliss.

Yours looks a really nice frame.
The down tube is oversized but not excessively so.
I did wonder whether mine should have a Raleigh seat tube decal but apparantly not.
Rare indeed.

Back