My small collection - mainly Raleigh

Maca

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
I was asked on different thread if I still had the rest of my collection.

The short answer is yes, I shouldn't as I had really started to run out of room and should have been working to 1 in 1 out. What I decided to do instead was convert the spare room in to a bike display room / office.

And here they are ..............

We have a 1984 531c Panasonic with full Shimano 600ex, this is a full paint job no decals apart from the Reynolds ones. Happy to say this took best in class and then best in show at the 2015 Eroica.

We have a 1987 Centenary no17 with all of its original paper work, never ridden. This took best in class and best in show in the 2017 Eroica.

We have Jean-Claude Bagot's 1990 team issue Castorama build to Fignon spec with full C-Record and Deltas.

We have newly finished Banana 753, full Dura - Ace and although not a team issue bike its an exact replica right down to the correct SDC SB frame. This is also full paint no decals apart from Reynolds.

We have an exact replica of Andy Ruffell's 1984 championship BMX, every part is as Andy rode.

And then last but no least we have my 753 Pug in 1989 team Z colours. This is the bike that got me back in to it all. Its the one I had in 89 so was the one I had to source and build 1st. Its not build to team spec but rather to how I was building the one I Had in 89 before I sold it as a half finished project and got a MTB.

Hope you enjoy looking at them as I do.

Attachments

• c7.jpg
    c7.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,281
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,282
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,283
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,283
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,282
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,282
A 753 Ti Raleigh in the traditional red is missing from a very nice collection especially inside the house probably with an agreeable wife :)

I like that a lot and wish I could do the same.

I collect a few different things as well as road bikes and have done so for a good few years so in each case collections are large and available space is taken up by them so my collection of bikes (27 currently) have to stay in the garage (and shed overspill)

Maca":3agreo3h said:
I was asked on different thread if I still had the rest of my collection

And there was me thinking that maybe you could wheel them out of the dusty, cobwebbed shed and line them up in the garden for a photo shoot on a sunny day. :LOL:

I suppose given the standard of your builds I should have expected something a bit more high class!

Fantastic. :cool: How lucky you are to have such an impressive line up and the space to display them so nicely. Good effort. :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm very lucky to have a spare room that I can do this with.

Luckily or not (depending how you look at it) I know longer have a better half so I can get away with it for the moment.

Have to admit I do like being able to see them all the time :)

Back