Lined up in a row

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Here you go, all in a row ready for action!

1977 Daniel Salmon 62cm

1986 Elswick Stag 62cm

1994 Arthur Caygill 58cm

1980 Wes Mason Gold Medal 58cm

1952 Hill Special 60cm

Attachments

• a bunch of arses.jpg
    a bunch of arses.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 984
  • a bunch of bicycles.jpg
    a bunch of bicycles.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 984
Re:

Nice collection. Interested to know which frame size you think suits you best? Your frame sizes are very similar to what i would choose but I'm never really too sure. On the smaller frame i would be off the back of the saddle when the power goes on and the larger i would fell bent over too much while cruising. Would you say thats your experience? Perhaps i need to experiment with different positions.

Its tricky, I've been riding bigger and bigger frames realising that I'd been riding the 'wrong' size for a very long time.

The Elswick is a large 62cm but its fits very well as long as I keep the Gentleman's Relish out of the way

The DS is a slightly squarer 62cm but works with the current stem and quite a bit of seatpost showing, it now deserves some better shifting

The Caygill is 'small' compared to the rest but needed a shorter stem to make it comfortable.

The Hill is quite modern in its behaviour on the road and would also benefit from better shifting, another 'big' frame with a long stem but still comfortable.

Re:

I pulled this HUGE carlton out of a skip a few years ago and distinctly remember it being comfortable, especially on the drops.

My "correct" size Trek 520 is 58cm! But have had to endlessly faff about with bar angle & shorter stems to get it comfortable.

Go figure!

Attachments

• Massive Bike.jpg
    Massive Bike.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 740
Re:

especially on the drops.

I'm not sure they qualify as 'drops' though, when they're set up like that in relation to saddle height? :?

So LGF does the Mason feel like a different bike after the change of fork?

One can conceptualise a bike frame as "a pair of forks with a trailer on the back."

Re: Re:

Joe_Rides":1ijtorud said:
I pulled this HUGE carlton out of a skip a few years ago and distinctly remember it being comfortable, especially on the drops.

My "correct" size Trek 520 is 58cm! But have had to endlessly faff about with bar angle & shorter stems to get it comfortable.

Go figure!
Still got it.................?

Back