My Italian and Belgian bikes

Botty Kayer

Dirt Disciple
Hello all,

new here, I posted in the other section about my upcoming Bottecchia build.

Just thought I'd share my collection of road bikes, all steel frames running more modern 10 speed Campag running gear so my various selection of wheels are interchangeable.
Denti Road Tech 5
lhXlUzr.jpg

Simoncini
ivCWGc3.jpg

Brian Rourke
F0wKHLF.jpg

Merckx Team Panasonic 1985
5Fc4yY5.jpg

My Brian Rourke is actually using the above black Shamals with Veloflex tyres at the moment as the silver Shamals are tubular and Sunday best only. The Merckx is currently rolling on some Chorus hubs with Vittoria Corsa graphene tyres seen here
oqL4N4y.jpg

And I hope to be adding a full silver Campag Bottecchia soon. If you see me riding around London and the south east on any of these give me a wave :D

I haven't updated this in ages and there's been a few additions and sadly a fatality since.my last post, so as its lashing it down with rain and I can't get motivated to go out, I'll update this instead. I'll no doubt soon be read the riot act and be forced to scale back the number of bikes, so I'll post this now as a peak bike reminder for me to look back on it later years a reflect on.

Starting off with the fatality, the Brian Rourke above is no more. RIP. It was killed and folded in on itself after crashing into a labradoodle (the labradoodle was fine).

The Denti I still have and finished a refurb on it last week, returning it back to life with its original fork and quill stem, now with some Zonda wheels and 28c tyres. Has some cool spearpoint lugs and gilco teardrop shaped main tubes and fast back seat stays.
7g2Qh52.jpg

elo9za3.jpg

6nIPDLg.jpg

The Simoncini I still have, but again have returned it to a quill stem and added the Columbus Max fork. Its a bit small for me but is a great riding bike and now looks like this.
n8XTwxI.jpg

And I've still got my Team Panasonic and that had a recent refresh with 28c tyres but still running shiny 10 speed Chorus.
iw8hOTE.jpg

As a fan of Max I also got this Nikor, Italian made but don't know by who, running 10 speed Campag and Archetype rims and 28c tyres.
pnXbrJh.jpg

I do like an Eddy, and have since got a few more. A rare chrome Reynolds 753 in a dreamy green.
uYTgnVZ.jpg

poI0CPV.jpg

I've got 2 MX Leaders, a Domo Farm Frites that's just also been refreshed with 28 tyres.
FR0MAHu.jpg

UGy9SJ7.jpg

And a green one with flouro accents, seen here with some shiny Shamals
0lVNzi5.jpg

P73cwyL.jpg

28XW9tr.jpg

I've got this ex pro rider Marco Lietti Bottecchia that I've kitted out with 10 speed Campag but kept the Mavic Starfish crank but fitted it with modern rings to run 10 speed.
Aitmqm4.jpg

we2rPXw.jpg

WstDbvw.jpg

A Tommasini Super Prestige, another rowdy 90's paint scheme with stampeding stallions running across the top tube
rXeprYz.jpg

And the rowdiest of the bunch, my Mario Martini painted Columbus Max Somec with panto bits.
joXVk5j.jpg

zfd8o6X.jpg

PHm5r6c.jpg

And I've also got a old school 26er hardtail, a On One 456 Ti, built by Litespeed, think its about 2008
rZT1bQ3.jpg

And from approx the same year, maybe not yet vintage but definitely a classic. I'm sneaking it in here with the rest of them for fleet complete-ness, and it does have lugs:) A Look 585.
EWNZUob.jpg

Thanks for the compliments folks.

I like to build up at least one bike a year, the problem is I then ride them and get hopelessly sentimentally attached, so when the time comes to cull the herd its going to be very hard deciding what to let go.

And sheesh thankfully the sky seems to have run out of rain, a boat would have been a better option than a bike this week.

PS there's a ti Merckx up on blocks waiting for a new Columbus Max fork that I hope to build up in the next month, so will post that when done too.

Last edited:
Back