Falcon Pro and Falcon Majorca

allenh

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Southcoast asked for some pictures of a couple of my Falcons. The San Remo frame I've got to dig out of my shed but this is my Falcon Professional.

I picked this up in a group of three frames and have built it up with what I had to hand so nothing like how it would have left the factory.

I do like these Falcon Tange frames and it is a really nice bike to ride. It will get stripped down soon to be refurbished and when it goes back together it will end up with the rest of the Veloce group so brakes and brifters.

Attachments

• DSCF3025.JPG
    DSCF3025.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 2,231
And this is my Falcon Majorca.

This one is pretty much original, the only thing I've changed is the chainset as the one that was on it when I got it was wrong but also not as good as this one. The rest is exactly as it left the factory.

This one will get a refurb sooner or later.

Attachments

• DSCF3021.JPG
    DSCF3021.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 2,237
That Majorca looks very similar to the falcon I have

Mine has shimano arabesque shifters and mechs, what does yours have?

Thanks for sharing. The Majorca looks slightly older than the pro and as you know is Tange Champion no 5. Do you think the pro is also Tange? What dropouts does the pro have and is there any name on the bottom bracket?

Love the Pro, typical Falcon schizophrenia.....Allen key brakes and then they use over BB cables lol

Yes Andy B its got 600 arabesque mechs and shifters plus 600 brakes and levers which is how it's shown in the 1980 catalogue. If I can get an arabesque chainset for it I might put that on but apart from getting a re paint and new decals at some point this is how it will stay.

Southcoast I'll have to check the dropouts on the pro as I can't remember but the frame is Tange and it's got the sticker at the top of the seat tube, I'll check on the dropouts and tube set and report back.

Midlife I think the brake holes were opened up for allen key brakes at some point after it left the factory and it would have had 10mm nut brakes from new.

If anyone knows where I can get the model decals made up for these can you let me know as I've been holding off on doing them in case sods law comes into play and I turn model decals after I've finished them.

Thought I'd post this one up as well.

It's the wife's super tourer and got painted in the last batch of frames I did recently, I'd been promising to do it for about 18 months.

She said she wanted purple and she got purple, it's now got a purple saddle and purple pedals, just waiting for the purple jockey wheels and chainset bolts to arrive and my work is complete.

Attachments

• purple s.jpg
    purple s.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 2,132
You should be able to get decals from H Lloyd. I have not ridden a Majorca, but I agree that the Pro is a enjoyable bike to ride. It has a crisp vitality and excellent handling.

No I don't think Lloyd’s do the model decals unfortunately. The decals on the Wifes super Tourist came from them.

Back