A 1960 Carlton Franco Suisse

AndyMart

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
This arrived Thursday via eBay and I couldn't be happier. It's a H prefix so 1960, with original paint, chrome and decals. It's wearing a 'Dicks bicycle center, Boulder Colorado' decal as well so appears to have spent time in the US. Chrome is great, paint has plenty of battle scars and poor touch ups but overall it looks good as is. It'll get a clean and wax, perhaps a couple of touch ups and a preliminary build with period components added at a later date. I can't find this exact combo of lugs etc in any catalogue, but at the time Carlton did a lot of optional extras. Hope you like it, I blooming love it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2,335
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,324
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,327
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,329
A real beauty for sure. Did you buy it from the States or from here in the UK?
That paint looks to have stood the test of time remarkably well, obviously been well looked after, as it should have been.
Look forward to seeing it built up.

Jamie

Thanks chaps having spoken to the seller it appears the bike was exported to the states when new, he bought it from a chap who had purchased it from a garage sale. I've sold my green Mercian frame and built up Franco with the majority of the parts from it. I will add some period parts as I go along but I want to make it as usable as possible. Will take a while to get it how I want it but in the meantime I will ride and enjoy it. More pics to follow. :)

Looks great, really loving the subtle red highlights. They do set it off nicely.
Some sprockets will definitely help ;)

Jamie

Yes got to remove a 5 cog off another bike and add a front derailleur cable and it'll be rideable, the wheels are just to get it rolling need to build some with new rims and Normandy hubs I have, need new tyres too, it'll be updated as I go along. I like the way it looks though must of been amazing when new.

Back