Arthur Caygil Taking it to the Max, Columbus Max!

Re: Taking it to the Max, Columbus Max!

This is absolutely gorgeous. It was lovely to tink.

tink (verb) Onomatopoeia. To flick a tube with the finger producing a pleasing sound varying in pitch depending on tube thickness.

Give them some more.

Nice.

I'm supposed to have a MAX frameset, but unfortunately not only did myHermes fail to deliver it in three attempts, two of which I was practically looking out the window to the street, but have since managed to 'lose' it instead of returning it to the sender so that someone more competent could be tried.

Ooooh, an early 90s caygill, judging by the decals,nice :) what build plans? Would like a MAX frame too one day...

Well, it wont be 'period' as I dont really have anything from that era so as it came with some American Classic Hurricane wheels, its an ideal place for my Ultegra/ 105

Which is good as its already fitted and due a shakedown ride

Here you go with my £3 car-boot purchase 105/ Ultegra 10spd drivetrain

Stem, bars, seat and carbon post came with the frame as did the Campagnolo headset

Also it came with the Schwalbe tyres and the American Classic Hurricane wheelset

Total spend: far far less than what it would cost new today. The tubing is still available but there are only around 10 lug sets left.

THM supplied the bar-tape and sunday lunch (ta!).

Colour scheme isnt quite to my style, so expect a toning down sometime.

Attachments

• arthur1.jpg
    arthur1.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,603
  • arthur2.jpg
    arthur2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,604
  • arthur3.jpg
    arthur3.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,602
  • arthur4.jpg
    arthur4.jpg