CBT ITALIA frame advice please.

baronsouthside

Old School Hero
So I bought this whole from EBay just as a wee summer project for £30 yesterday. The seller said the frame make was unknown but when i took collection, i turned it over to find 'CBT ITALIA' on the BB. Not a make i knew but a quick google has shown me the frame might actually be worth doing a proper job. Not had time to check but most posts are telling me its probably Columbus SLX Just a guess but the only original parts i reckon are the BB and the campagnolo seat post. Its really light. So,

1. What group-set would this had back in the day?
2. Did any racing teams use these frames?
3. Any idea of a model name. I reckon its early 90s
4. Any links to company catalogues?

Any info on the Brand and rebuild options much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• CBT.jpg
    CBT.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 777
The selle Italia turbomatic saddle is worth what you paid for the whole bike.I imagine this is original.

Check for rifling in the seat-tube indicating slx.

Nice bike

Ray

From the photo ir looks like the chainstays are chrome under that paint, has the bike had a respray?

Re:

Thanks for replies.

Yes, i think it has had a respray. Im hoping to get it all striped over the summer. A bit of rust on the chainstays but it should rub down ok.

I've had a small scrap of the dropouts and they are marked GIPIEMME PATENTED and they do look chromed.

Down side at the moment is the handle bar stem wont budge. Got it soaking with release oil.
Also my 14mm socket isnt fitting the BB bolts have to sourec maybe a 15mm one instead.

Re:

Down side at the moment is the handle bar stem wont budge.
That's surprising, considering that the way it is 'adjusted' at the moment, there cannot be much more than about 20mm of it in the steerer tube. Please don't ride it like that.

Back