Unknown 80s (?) Raleigh

Mattyboy

Dirt Disciple
Hello all.

I've got hold of this today and I'm just wondering what the frame is.

Cannot properly see the serial number through the paint but it's "WR 600" or similar. Nottingham November 1986 perhaps?

I think the paint is original but it may not be at all... are the "501" decals original?

There is a vestige of the word Raleigh down the seat tube which are indented as if someone has peeled of stickers/decals

I know this isn't a lot of info but I'm hoping someone can shed some light.

Thanks for your input
Matty

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":2dawx6zt said:
WR600

Worksop
November

Thanks.

I thought Worksop closed in 1981 though and the "W" was transferred and retained at Nottingham for a while...

Matty :)

Re:

I have a late 80s Kelloggs which is 501 tubing and the lugs on that are far "chunkier" than these.

The seat post is 27.0 mm by the way which may be a clue?

I know the 531 standard is 27.2 mm

Thanks
Matty :)

Re:

I also note the rear stay to seat tube attachment is like the 653-framed "Record Ace Moderne" I used to have...

The way the stays are attached on the 501 Kelloggs is far more "rough and ready" without what appear to be the little tear-drop shaped "covers" at the top of the stays.

Matty

I'm now fairly convinced that this is a refinished "Team Corsa 12"... but... did that model have the "pip" on the rear of the head tube?

So many questions ;)

Matty

Mattyboy":3o30ioat said:

Unfortunately this isnt correct, it would depend on the tubing, builder and post build distortion. Many frames are 27.0 or even 26.6 and 26.8

legrandefromage":1waxnt3h said:
Mattyboy":1waxnt3h said:

Unfortunately this isnt correct, it would depend on the tubing, builder and post build distortion. Many frames are 27.0 or even 26.6 and 26.8

Thanks. Yes I read about these differences fairly recently. 27.2 is then the "theoretical diameter in most cases" in a sense.

I would love to know what this bike was originally but it seems it will remain a mystery.

Cheers
Matty

Mattyboy":2ltadgkz said:
I'm now fairly convinced that this is a refinished "Team Corsa 12"... but... did that model have the "pip" on the rear of the head tube?

So many questions ;)

Matty

No it didn't have a pump pip and it didn't have mudguard eyes on the dropouts either :(

Back