ken rogers trike

dave69

Dirt Disciple
some pictures of a trike rebuild , this was completed some years ago.

only have two pics as bought , wish i had taken more.

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 937
  • 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 937
after stripping the frame was delivered to Trykit for a two wheel drive conversion some slight modifications to the frame and repaint. Although i had to wait months to get a slot the work was first class.

back from Trykit.

Attachments

• 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 935
Re:

some more nearly finished on these.

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 922
  • 0011.jpg
    0011.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 922
  • 0010.jpg
    0010.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 922
Looks very nice. I am intrigued that all the breaking effort is limited to the front despite having 2 sets of brakes. Were you not tempted by a rear disc conversion when you added 2 wheel drive?

Re:

regarding the rear brakes, coming from a mountain bike background i asked about disc brakes and a conversion was available but would have to be both rear wheels ( not sure if this is because of the double freewheel ), on the advice of Geoff Booker at Trykit i went with the double front brake , he assured me it would be adequate and it is.

Re:

just been through the old emails from Trykit ang the rear discs were only recommended for a trike that would be used for loaded touring.

Re: Re:

dave69":34mw0sof said:
just been through the old emails from Trykit ang the rear discs were only recommended for a trike that would be used for loaded touring.

My concerns were a lard arse (me) at speed on a steep hill in the wet...

Back