The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
There doesn't seem to be a road valuation section so i put this here.

Owner, a colleague doesn't want it and can't be bothered to split it so what's it worth??

Fairly low end parts and 501 frame and forks. if there's any interest in any bits i'll let him know.

I’ve offered to split it for him. What you see is what you get. Just carefully removed as is.

Thanks.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_182.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_182.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,144
  • fullsizeoutput_181.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_181.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,142
  • fullsizeoutput_180.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_180.jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,142
  • fullsizeoutput_17f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_17f.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,144
  • fullsizeoutput_17d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_17d.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,142
Re: Valuation please Peugeot Triathlon Mid 80s?

Hi, this is the rarer PGN10 Triathalon with a lugged frame which appeared in the 1986 catalogue. You don`t see many of these , there was a lower spec model , the PH501 Triathalon which is a much more common site in the classifieds..It has a lot of potential and the 501 frame isnt too bad but it does have the quill seat post ( no binder bolt ) which can be problematic .. On the plus side it has race geometry of the higher end Peugeot steel frames bikes with no mudguard eyes, rear wheel adjusters and even a race number hanger . If the quill seat post is working ok and not siezed and the frame is straight I would expect it to fetch anywhere from £80-£120 as is or around £200 if it is given some TLC and you find the right buyer. I have bought and restored dozens of Peugeot`s over the years , if it was for sale near me I doubt I would be able to resist making a cheeky offer !

Thanks that’s great. Where are you.

The History Man":1nesfvri said:
Thanks that’s great. Where are you.

It`s not fair, you`re trying to sell me more bikes :facepalm: , do I really need more bikes ?? . I`m in Lancashire probably miles away from the bike ...phew... ( I`m already dreaming what I could do with this ) :xmas-big-grin:

Swindon or south GLOUCS or j9 m5

Edit. Just texted him. He has friends in Lancaster. ;)

Two hopes after messing me about lately.

The History Man":eymtnz54 said:

OOH...that is do-able . If he could get it to Lancaster in the near future I would be interested. Any chance he could take a couple more photos and confirm the seat post is not siezed? . Would he be interested in letting it go for £90 ? Thanks Andrew

marshalllucky":2gk43p6r said:
The History Man":2gk43p6r said:

OOH...that is do-able . If he could get it to Lancaster in the near future I would be interested. Any chance he could take a couple more photos and confirm the seat post is not siezed? . Would he be interested in letting it go for £90 ? Thanks Andrew
I’ll put it to him.

Back