76 Carlton aka 'sidedoor'

AndyMart

rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
Here's a recently completed project, bought as frameset it was a Carlton employees personal bike and so doesn't seem to match any other. Fork was definitely changed as drops are different from frame (huret/suntour) nearest I've found is the export Raleigh competition. Paint and decals are all original and in great condition, I've built it up with typical sakae/suntour/weinmann components, wheels are a modern fixed pair I dished for a 5 speed block and converted to QR. Rides well. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 787
Re:

Cheers I've read that article and his other excellent article on earlier export flyers, some wonderful bikes on there. I've got a mk5 and a mk4 is my next project, I've been gathering parts for a while. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 670
I have a 77 pro, its so good to ride, I ended up selling my carbon Giant Defy, and I thought the Defy was a comfy bike, the Carlton Pro is the best bike ive ever rode.

Attachments

• IMG_3042.JPG
    IMG_3042.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 594
Re:

Nice bike, they certainly seem to have got the geometry right with the pro, one of my favourite rides too. If you're not already a member join the Carlton cycles of worksop Facebook group, they'd love to see that. :)

Back