Elswick Stag - History repeating

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Whilst on sabbatical this popped up locally, identical to a Falcon I'd had a few years ago.

Budget rebranded generic cycling lovlyness. Very stable out and about and rebuilt for less than a night out

Weirdly I've built the same bike twice

Falcon Majorca from a 2011 build

falcon-update-jpg.105116

file.php

file.php

Last edited:
Re: History repeating itself: Elswick Stag

More hot stag action.

Its a very gentle ride, no harshness, the frames not 'dead' either, its a nice twang out on the hills. I'm going to try 65 miles on Sunday with this.

Attachments

• staaaaaaaaag.jpg
    staaaaaaaaag.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 2,315
  • staaaaaaaag.jpg
    staaaaaaaag.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 2,316
  • staaaaag.jpg
    staaaaag.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 2,315

Sounds like a nice bike to ride. Top of the Elswick range bitd. It would have been a bit more expensive than the Majorca. The Majorca was more in the middle of the Falcon range. Elswick Falcon had a active racing team at this time.

Got bored and fitted a nice Sugino triple

Attachments

• staaaaagg.jpg
    staaaaagg.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 1,935

Would any of you want the frame/ forks?

Tange Champion No.5 tubing

Collection from north Cambs

62cm, headset included, everything else spoken for on another build I'm afraid.

Free to collect!

Re: Elswick Stag Frame and Forks

Hi there, I see it’s been quite a while since you posted but I have recently started fixing up an Elswick stag and is going relatively well so far. Unfortunately the previous owner did many things I’m not happy about, for example he installed a 32T freewheel which is too big for the short cage derailleur as well as swapping the crankset to a 3-by which has since worn out. The main issue though is that he drilled holes in the frame to mount a bottle cage, he did a very rough job and drilled double holes on the underside of the down tube. And as the frame is cromoly I’m worried about cracks. So if you still have them I’d like to rebuild the bike onto a new frame. Many thanks - Sam :)

Back