Road bike find - Specialized Epic Comp 1993

markoneswift

Dirt Disciple
Hey all, just dropping in to say hi and post a couple of pics of my Specialized Epic Comp carbon fibre that I found at the dump. I had to part with £65 for it but its pretty complete. Needs a left shifter repair, new cables and air in the tyres (plus a good wash). What do you guys think to her ??

Attachments

• IMG_20180403_193415.jpg
    IMG_20180403_193415.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 615
Re:

Thanks guys, yeah she's certainly more intact than some of the wrecks I see at the tip that's for sure.

The shifter (or possible both) will definitely need attention. I actually meant the right one, not the left. The cable is totally pulled out and the front cap is unscrewed with the retaining screw missing so that's my first job to fix. I don't know what the availability of bits for the Shimano 105 is like, so I may need to take it to a local bike shop just to get it appraised and work out a fix-up cost.

I should say, this is my first ever road bike and I've never ridden anything above crappy chain store type models before. I'm keen to have a ride and see how it feels, but I may well change out the pedals for some platforms as I don't want to mess around finding shoes / cleats and then decide I don't like it. I think puitting some platforms on will allow me to get a feel for how it rides and then I can go from there.

Back