Moser Leader AX

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
I've been after one of these for a while, not my ideal colour scheme, but they are few and far between in Chateau D'Ax colours and I have basically given up waiting!

Thanks to a very amenable guy on Italian Ebay I now have this & I love it; the colour in the flesh is fantastic.

I'm guessing it's 92, full Dura Ace, but minus the original skewers which is annoying. If anyone has a pair they are selling let me know! I'm not really into the brifters, so may change to conventional brake levers and gear levers a la Bugno who was a late convert, still ridng 'normal' levers when the rest of the team had moved on.

It weighs in at 9.7KG, but it's a chunky bike. The paint probably weighs a kilo! Wheels looks brand new with stunning narrow gauge aero spokes, in fact all the components look like they have had minimal use. My first Shimano equipped bike!

A few pics for you.

If anyone knows any more about them e.g. was there a team who had these colours, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_8721.jpg
    IMG_8721.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_8724.jpg
    IMG_8724.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_8722.jpg
    IMG_8722.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_8723.jpg
    IMG_8723.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_8726.jpg
    IMG_8726.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_8725.jpg
    IMG_8725.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 848
220kestrel":o65rk6oz said:
Now that is a lovely looking frame, very nice indeed.
How did you get it over from Italy?

I paid €90!!

The seller was really helpful obviously, but I think having an Italian mate who first contacted him in Italian helped.

Re:

Lovely looking bike, I too have been after a Bugno team one for years , but never see them either. Like the colour scheme, and looks to be in very good condition as well!

Mike

220kestrel":2luwnwsa said:
Ah makes sense now.
90 Euro not too bad actually.
Well done to you.

The bike was a good price (or at least I think it was), so I was happy with €90. I reckon €60 is about the going rate, but to be fair he had to get a box and mess around packing it up as well.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2sfoyvvb said:
Lovely looking bike, I too have been after a Bugno team one for years , but never see them either. Like the colour scheme, and looks to be in very good condition as well!

Mike

It's in great condition Mike, it's like it's hardly been ridden. Just a massive chip from transit where the brake has hit the down tube which I am gutted about. I'm going to try and get that sorted obviously.

Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":18a7cbwi said:
Hi Matt

Great to see you purchased

Beautiful bike and shimano looks great on these frames

Pat

Yes go on, rub it in! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Back