Chesini Olimpiade

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
Came across this a few weeks before Christmas - I had a pair of Columbus chrome forks that I thought would fit but it turns out they didn't!

Anyway, I did a bit of research and found that the Tange Passage headset had a shorter stack than the Tange Levin that I had fitted... Fast forward to today and the new Tange Passage arrived in the post and I duly fitted it. To my surprise I am now able to use my existing fork without buying another.

Anyway, I need to decide whether this will be my best bike or not as it's in pretty good condition. I have a full 9 speed Campagnolo Chorus group fitted to a Cougar at present and I am tempted to build this up for the summer. Anyway, here's a pic with stem, bars & wheels mocked up. Will update in due course once i've made my mind up.

25023934_523678944656457_6416878116014129152_n.jpg

Had some time yesterday and decided to clean up my Chorus groupset and fit to the frame. Just need to fit cables, pedals and adjust bar height, seat height etc and I think she's there. Opted for black wheels at the moment as I think they contrast nicely with the purple and pink...

More pictures when she's finished

IDxk5Bgh.jpg

That is one really nice looking build and being a Chesini I am sure it will ride beautifully. Not 100% on the black wheels but it does all tie in nicely.
Great work!

Jamie

Jamiedyer":11eyk01k said:
That is one really nice looking build and being a Chesini I am sure it will ride beautifully. Not 100% on the black wheels but it does all tie in nicely.
Great work!

Jamie
Thanks for the kind words, know what you mean about the wheels. I do have a set of Open Pro's laced to Chorus hubs (from the existing groupset), which I'll also trial fit too.

Hopefully i'll Get cracking tonight and fit cables and take it for a spin over the weekend!

Back