Lemond GLX - Gan

jamesdak

Old School Hero
Picked this up recently. Still trying to sort it all out. I've seen various versions of these. Some brazed, some lugged, some with Gan Decals, some without, some with number tags, some without. Awhile ago I missed one with a certificate stating it was some number out of 100. I don't think this is one of the limited edition ones but really don't know. I am stoked to land another Billato built Excell tubed bike.

Some pics.

166790982.jpg

166790963.jpg

166790978.jpg

166790980.jpg

166790986.jpg

166790991.jpg

166791004.jpg

This is the only one of my 5 Billato built machines with the brake bridge oriented this way.

166790993.jpg

166790976.jpg

This one is built up now with a nice Campagnolo Racing T groupset. I'd love to hear any more insight on these. I'm going to email Billato and send them the serial number to see what they can share about the build.

Re:

Ive had mine since new. Owned Colnago,Eddy Merckx, Cinelli etc. Something special about My Lemond. Part of the family now, been offered serious money to sell but never will.

Re:

I'm a huge fan of how the Lemonds ride and I'm totally expecting this one to ride greatly too.

This is my 3rd Billato built Lemond. The fast times this year of my mid range miles where on my TSX tubed Maillot Jaune.

166138354.jpg

Then I have this Cromor tubed Ventoux that I've set up to be a fast yet comfortable century bike.

165115078.jpg

Re: Re:

NeilM":3i2rwq4b said:
I've got a TSX frame which I will try to get built this year.

Do it!

What I have noticed with my TSX one is how well it picks up speed with minimal effort. I ride solo so it's easy to lose concentration and slow down during long rides. With this on I seem to be able to get back up to speed with little effort. And then late in rides when I'm tired, and usually encountering a head wind the TSX one is still so easy to maintain speed on.

I'm having issues with mine ghost shifting on the back when I really hammer on it. I need to replace the ratcheting ring assembly in the shifter. But despite this problem and how it effects me getting to speed quickly after a stop I've still posted PR times consistently with it. I think once this is fixed the bike will really outshine most of the rides.

Re:

I started to get all the bits together and then a rare opportunity came along for a Dave Lloyd Quantum 650 (I'm a DL fan), so that got built, then a Cougar frame came along, now another Cougar frame has come along, oh and a very early Dave Lloyd frame.... you get to see my problem. :facepalm: I will try to get going on it in the spring, along with one of the Cougars.

I read about the team TSX frames (mine is a Billato replica) that they were used for the classics and for fast stages but not for climbing stages as they are a bit too heavy for that kind of use.

Re:

Great to see these early Lemond bikes in some of the rarer colour schemes.
I bought a cromer tubed Lemond on ebay in the blue,yellow and red fade for the brother-in-law. beautiful ride, I really need to try and get it back from him after seeing these bikes.

Pat

Back