Pinarello Super Record

JSH

rBotM Winner
Just bought this off eBay. I haven’t got it yet but I think it’s something like a Super Record specia from 1983. It’s got a complete 50th group on it. From the pictures I’ve seen, it looks fairly lightly used but has some rust on the parts that will need some work. Something to keep me busy til the spring.

Attachments

• EACC0DF9-74A4-4507-A7DC-3EE454699D50.jpeg
    EACC0DF9-74A4-4507-A7DC-3EE454699D50.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 1,549
Re:

Looks cool, mate!
I've got my eye on a little English number right now! Slightly put off by the Campag on it, as the age and model of their stuff is an unknown quantity to me.

Happy tinkering!

Mike

Kingbling has what I think is a Super Record Special (not sure if he's been able to confirm it 100%, I couldn't before I sold it to him), this certainly looks very similar

Re:

It’s not a Montello.. pretty sure it’s got a chain stay bridge. It has internal routing for the gear cables which I believe was on the 83 SR Special along with TT brake cable routing. It was originally listed as a Montello but it definitely isn’t.

There is not a lot of content on early Pinarello bikes on the internet

I’ll work it out eventually. I really bought it for the 50th groupset. I’ll see what the chrome is like and decide whether to keep it or move it on

Back