Pinarello Montello 1983-ish

neuregel

Retro Newbie
bought this a few years ago from Steel Vintage.com 59cm. Im 6ft 180lbs. fits perfect. I rode the bike original 6 or 8 speed gearing for a while, but after moving to the mountains of North Carolina, I had to swap out to 10 speed to keep from getting dropped.

that is campagnolo zonda wheelset with a campy record 10 speed front and rear Derailleurs. I went from 53/44 to 53/39 with 12/25 or 12/27 cassette. I had a leather brooks saddle but it was over 500 grams. i'm not a weight weenie so much, but that is still very heavy. so found a bontrager saddle under or around 200 grams that works out perfect for me. So basically its not original but I've kept all the original parts but doubt I will ever switch back.

needless to say over the past two years I've done several 100k and centuries on her and just love her to death. Im relatively new to road bikes, enjoyed and raced mountain bikes for 20 years. I've looked into buying something new aluminum or carbon fiber with STI but just cant bring myself to actually do it. Something about the 80's friction shifters on the downtube just a joy to ride.

anyways......

Attachments

• pin1.jpg
    pin1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 766
  • pin2.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 766
  • pin3.jpg
    pin3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 766
Why not fit sti to it anyway?

I transformed a battered 1980 Wes Mason frame with some very modern kit, twangy steel ride with decent shifting

file.php

Re:

Is it a Montello? Looks more like a Treviso - is there a chain stay bridge?

neuregel":2khaxa1q said:
Heart Broken

Chin up! If you love it you love it. Lovely looking bike whichever Pinarello it is, I have Zondas on a steel bike and its a fab combo.

Back