Raleighs Rapide, Joop Zoetemelk and Triathlon and a langdale

OldFrank

Retro Guru
Stripped and rebuilt. Currently as Fixie, but will probably take it to ss for a while until.i get some down tube shifters, inner chainring and a 6 speed freewheel. Currently just made up with what I had and some specific purchase

But, this was really for a practice at spraying. Came our quite well. But learned quite a bit about spraying too! Will be better with the next.one

Anyway, this is readers bikes and this is my bike!

Attachments

• DSC_0900.JPG
    DSC_0900.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,287
Re: Refurbished Raleigh Triathlon

Do you work for the railways then as nice looking sleepers.......

Re: Refurbished Raleigh Triathlon

Slowly adding the stable

1979 Team Raleigh Rapide, pretty original and most recent acquisition.
1981 Raleigh Joop Zoetemelk, was after one of these for years as I rode one as a kid
Undated Raleigh Triathlon set up as fixed complete bottom up build
Undated Langdale Negre also fixed

Attachments

• DSC_0996.JPG
    DSC_0996.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSC_1002.JPG
    DSC_1002.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSC_1011.JPG
    DSC_1011.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,021
  • _20171107_225818.JPG
    _20171107_225818.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,021
You have some nice looking bikes. Always liked the Raleigh Team colours. I owned a 73 Europa, used to ride it to school when I was a kid.

That's the Joop Zoetemelk, it's fairly low end, but I had one as a kid and it still rides much the same. It's been poorly repainted. Not sure why. I can still see the black paint underneath.

In fact, now I think about it, I think i bought the langdale of someone in here a few years ago,.it was pink back then.

Southcoast":1tn3f933 said:
You have some nice looking bikes. Always liked the Raleigh Team colours. I owned a 73 Europa, used to ride it to school when I was a kid.

Yep my first proper racer was a heavy 5 speed Raleigh Europa that I too rode to school but upgraded to a heavy 10speed set up to get up the long hill as my school was on top of a hill....

Back