Intesphere Tiger Racer

Mr.Toad

Senior Retro Guru
Just posting some images of my latest build, a early 50's German made Intesphere Tiger Racer.

I kept as many original parts as possible, unfortunately the forks were bent so I had to dig out a Mercian fork which ride fantastic.

Should work well for bar hopping/alley racing.

Attachments

• I4.jpg
    I4.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 655
  • I3.jpg
    I3.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 655
  • I2.jpg
    I2.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 655
  • I1.jpg
    I1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 655
Thats a nice looking bike but where are the brakes. Not sure about the bar tape colour. Looks like an old roadster. Is it East or West German?

Re:

Thanks, it's been a fun and challenging project.

I'm guessing German because of the wheels/hubs, rear is a coaster brake Torpedo front is German as well. I think they are dated 1954, so i'm guessing W. Ger?

On-line research has only turned up another Intesphere, a 5 person? Really not helpful.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/old-q ... cle.12511/

Oh and i've already retaped the bars (black cloth) and will post some photos after the alley race tomorrow night!

Attachments

• Hub.jpg
    Hub.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 521
Thanks for the info. I find the name and head badge intriguing. Thats what makes me think East Germany but I guess its West with the Sachs hub. Good luck in the Alley cat race.

Re:

Here is a photo of the bike as I found it locally, at a antique store labeled as a French bike.

I was excited to see how original and complete the bike was, but as I started to work on the rebuild all the issues became apparent.

In the end I had to replace many spokes and retrue the wheels. Fork and bars were bent so I was lucky to have a nice Mercian (531) fork, Ava alloy bars, and Milremo stem. Saddle is now a NOS Japanese Ariake which I think looks great. I also had to swap the bottom bracket. The original cotter slots completely mangled so the cranks wouldn't line up properly.

In all it was a nice change of pace from the more modern bikes I typically work on.

If anybody has information on this brand of bikes I hope they will share.

Thanks!

Attachments

• intesphere.jpg
    intesphere.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 477
Back