SR Sakae Litage

deandc

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,

Recently I purchased my first vintage road bike, a "SR Sakae Litage". It's a japanese bonded aluminium frame, which has in my opinion awesome curves.
When I bought it, it had an old Campagnolo 8 speed veloce groupset (champagne color).

Frame: SR Sake Litage -Size 53cm-
Fork: SR Sake Litage

Headset: Campagnolo
Stem: 3TTT
Handlebar: 3TTT
Bar Tape: Brooks

Brake Levers/Shifters: Campagnolo Chorus 8 Speed Carbon
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Chorus DP
Brake Pads: Campagnolo Chorus DP
Brake Cables: Campagnolo

Front Derailleur:Campagnolo Chorus
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus 8 Speed
Derailleur Cables: Campagnolo
Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus 8V
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Campagnolo Chorus
Chainrings: Campagnolo Chorus
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Chorus 102mm BSA
Pedals: MKS

Rims: Campagnolo Zonda
Hubs: Campagnolo hubs
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo
Tyres: Shwalbe

Saddle: Brooks B15 Swallow Black
Seatpost: Campagnolo Chorus Aero 25.4 (fitted with custom 0.2MM shim => 25.:cool:
Bottle Cage: Roto vintage bottle cage
Extras: None so far :)

o6OvQqo.jpg

Looking Good :). Did you put the decals on yourself? I've got a decal-less Litage frame in the garage.....

Midlife":ikk584ai said:
Looking Good :). Did you put the decals on yourself? I've got a decal-less Litage frame in the garage.....

The decals were already on the frame. A friend of mine also has this bike, but he doesn't have the big LITAGE decal. Cheers

Re:

I had one of these sold it recently. Lovely looking frame, but a bit too much flex to my liking.

Mine didn't have any decals either. They made and MTB version that looked real cool as well.

That looks really nice and those are some stylish improvements as well.
You do see the mtb frames about a bit but the road frames are few and far between I find.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2ahoq6jy said:
That looks really nice and those are some stylish improvements as well.
You do see the mtb frames about a bit but the road frames are few and far between I find.

Jamie
Thx!

Yesterday I mounted the chorus front derailleur with a nice silver braze on adapter. I also ordered a Campagnolo Seatpost, but I noticed later on that I ordered the wrong size :(. Anyone know how to fit a 25.4 in a 25.8 seatpost? As shims don't exist?

Re:

Hi, I recently bought another one of these beauties, although mine was rebranded BH for Spanish market.

I believe early in the 90's BH was not into alluminium frames production ... just when Miguel Indurain and Pedro Delgado irrupted.
BH could not build alloy frames from scracth and Vitus was already in the scenario. Importing japanese SR Sake Litage and rebranding was BH policy, alongside importing Suntour components.

I'dl love to use as a commuter or 2nd bike. Frame is worth of a neo-retro project.

I wonder if the pedalier and the distance between dropstays will allow a modern gropset.
I'd appreciate any suggestion.

i1544858259.jpg

i1544854847.jpg

Probably not. I too have an SR Sakae Litage aluminium frame, but the rear spacing is 126mm (see https://tinyurl.com/Litage-specs). For a modern 10/11 speed groupset you would need 130mm (in fact, I think you need 130mm for anything more then 7-speed), and the received wisdom is that you can't safely spring an aluminium frame by even as little as 4mm, tho' some do. Mine was badged "Repco" for the Australian market. It now has a TA compact chainset, and an extra long reach forged alloy stem (Japanese — I forget by whom) but is otherwise as shipped. I've built up a reasonable collection of Suntour spares, so am hoping that it will outlive me without my needing to graft on anything horribly modern ...

Back