1986 La Vie Claire TVT Team Replica

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well, this is about as good as I can get it!

A lovely old NOS TVT complete with the original Vitus forks (I hope they don't snap!) with all the goodies.

Still waiting on a pair of C Record retrofriction levers which have vanished in the post en route from Holland, hence the 9 speed Campag Record levers you'll see here. Decided not to use the TA black alloy cages as they were hopelessly flexy - I went for a nice pair of Blackburn ones instead.

Sorry for the overexposed shots - I really must get a new camera one of these days..

And the real thing in July 1986 . . Greg and Bernard have a lot to answer for - a lifelong La Vie Claire obsession - no wonder - what a Tour that was!!!

Many thanks to everyone who helped me find all the rare bits and pieces - you're a fabulous lot.

Craig :cool:

Ps and a better example of the shade - Brian Rourke did a fantastic job.

Re:

That's a labour of love. I didn't know slant parallelogram rear mechs were still in the future back in 1985.

Edit: just found out the Suntour patent expired in 1984; you had to have Suntour, if you wanted the slant, up until then.

Re:

not bad
.... ok stunning

one question - where did you get the CC waterbottles from? I want some, but will be using them regularly so hoping for modern replicas

Re:

Thanks for the kind remarks, folks. I haven't ridden it yet - off to the Alpes next week and apart from a test ride here first. It will be christened over there with thoughts of those wonderfully fuzzy Channel 4 VHS images, Phil Liggett's enthusiastic voice and the two superheroes of the 1986 TdF! All while staring down at a pair of slowly rotating 49 year old legs!! :|

The bottles I've had forever now but I'll never use them in anger. Just for the likes of this and no doubt my next project, most probably LVC's 753 of the same year . .

:cool:

Back