1983-ish Mendiz

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Rescued from a local ebay buy it now comes yet another obscure seldom seen in the UK brand, Mendiz. Still out there with their carbon but heres an earlier effort.

The original equipment has long disappeared but at a guess, the Simplex retrofriction and Golden Arrow Shimano may have been there when new but difficult to say.

It is very likely to be Columbus SL or even SLX tubing. It has a keyhole BB shell and Columbus dropouts on both the frame and fork. The forks were chrome, once, maybe, a long time ago...

Lots of wounds from brakes adjuster scrapes to sun fades to scuffs and chain slap.

The ride is wonderful even in its current guise. It deserves some nice shiny kit!

Attachments

• mendiz1.jpg
    mendiz1.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1,274
  • mendiz2.jpg
    mendiz2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,274
  • mendiz3.jpg
    mendiz3.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,274
Re:

Nice, and a bit different!

Close clearance from the front wheel, is there overlap with your yeti feet? :LOL: :LOL:

Looks like Time Trial geometry to me & nice to see something quite rare..

Cheers chaps! Ride is pretty impressive. There is overlap but not when out and about. The front mech adjusters are pretty much seized so theres no chance of the small ring being used at the moment - I thought I'd have to dismount up the 'hills' around here, but no, managed to charge up them quite happily.

Still unsure what sort of build - retromod or period but whatever I choose it needs to be indexed!

Re:

Lightly updated but then theres now some Campagnolo brakes fitted as the Tiagra in the pics have been put back together wrong!

Additions are some Wolber on Shimano 600 hubs, 600 8spd shifters and a 600 rear mech. Front is still a mash up of frame adaptors and stuff to allow a 105. May purchase a period 600 to 'complete' the groupset

Attachments

• mendiz4.jpg
    mendiz4.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,147
Back