1987 Concorde Aquila

baronsouthside

Old School Hero
Evening folks

Ive hopefully attached a photo of my 1987 Concorde Aquila with a almost complete 1994 Campagnolo Stratos Groupset. The frame was built by Ciocc and is Columbus Cromor. It has the Ciocc signature bottom bracket cut out, Italian flag detail on top tube and race number braze on under the top tube. My 87 date is from studying other online posts of Concorde. The 94 Stratos groupset was bought cheaply off on eBay uk for no other reason other than price! At the end of the day its got a race number hanger and its built by Ciocc but its also 'just' Cromor. If it was a PDM team issue SLX frame then i would have speced the groupset better but it is what it is. The original Stratos shifters internals were plastic and broke during rebuild so i had to source better Campagnolo 8 speed shifters to complete the built.

Frame and fork. Columbus Cromor. (Built by Ciocc)
Dropouts. Campagnolo.
Handlebars. Cinelli
Bar tape. Cinelli (new)
Stem. Cinelli
Seatpost. Cinelli (new)
Pedals. Look Clipless
Saddle. Selle Italia SL
Brakes. Campag Stratos.
Shifters. Campag ergo 8sp. (Unknown group)
Headset. Campag Chorus.
Crankset. Campag Stratos.
BB. Campag Centaur. (New sealed unit.)
FD. Campag Stratos
RD. Campag Stratos
Cassette. Campag Stratos
Hubs. Campag Stratos
Rims. Alesa.
Bottle cages. Elite

Attachments

• 11752016_10207699353620802_2499378650447103798_n.jpg
    11752016_10207699353620802_2499378650447103798_n.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,167
wow!
i love it!
it's the same year of my donnay-alan, but it looks so damny modern!
i love that contrast between the crhome&blue of the frame and groupset and that bright red!
you give me a lot of inspiration for one of my old project that i've never finished...
this is a lovely bike!

Thats lovely! Very nice indeed.

Not a paintjob I've seen on a living Concorde.

I'll be passing through Rutherglen on my way to Runcorn at about 0915 next Saturday (on a Concorde) so if you fancy a few miles of Retro-riding, gimme a shout.

Back