got a frame
bought some parts
put parts on frame
have another bike

Attachments

• 20170802_212654.jpg
    20170802_212654.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 802
One and the same Ken he probably built my Cougar this is what I'll use on the 12th if its going to be a wet one 2x 10 compact 34 50 & 12 32 on the rear.

Indeed...that's what I was thinking re your Cougar... Now you've got two Donohue's!

I was gonna ask what gearing you were thinking of for next week.

I'm probably going to use the PDM Concorde but I'll whack a 50/40/30 and some dual pivot brakes on. Will still be downtube shifters and vintage Campag brake levers but it'll be a bit less fatiguing in the hills. I'll be lugging a fair bit of stuff so the triple will make 90 miles a bit less painful.

Spokesmann":1qy91o0o said:
That's a great looking build.

Maybe a long cage mech needed?

Thanks, It has a 105 5500 long cage on ;)

NeilM":1qy91o0o said:
It's quite red isn't it.

Very pleasant.

Thanks Neil I had the tyres and bar tape before I'd even thought about the frame. The only parts I've actually bought for it were chain & cassette, chainset from Halfcog and 10 speed tiagra shifters off eBay. The frame came off the CTC (cycling uk) forum.

I'm intrigued by the position of the shifters... I don't ride Shimano so have no idea if their advice is different from Campagnolo who recommend tip of brake levers in line with bottom of drops.

Or is that just personal preference having them higher?

I certainly have my 80's Campag brake levers nowhere near level with the drops. They're too hard to use from the hoods if they are.

Edit:
Actually... Cancel that thought. I've had a look at the photo again and they're not really set high it's the flat drop section that makes it look that way.

kingbling":3mdetqxz said:
Spokesmann":3mdetqxz said:
That's a great looking build.

Maybe a long cage mech needed?

Thanks, It has a 105 5500 long cage on ;)

NeilM":3mdetqxz said:
It's quite red isn't it.

Very pleasant.

Thanks Neil I had the tyres and bar tape before I'd even thought about the frame. The only parts I've actually bought for it were chain & cassette, chainset from Halfcog and 10 speed tiagra shifters off eBay. The frame came off the CTC (cycling uk) forum.

Longer! :LOL:

Any road mech with a chain sitting in 34-12 when it's cut long for a 50-32 is surely gonna look maxxed out. 38t is a pretty hefty chain wrap figure.

I'm not riding with him unless he sorts the mudguards though. :p

Back