Carlton Clubman 1969

Stump28

Dirt Disciple
My Carlton Clubman. Narrowed it down to 1969 after a little digging. Originally intended as a cheap get me to work bike but needed more work than I thought so turned into a complete clean up and restore, although not to its original look. Still ongoing

Attachments

• IMG_8379.JPG
    IMG_8379.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,497
  • IMG_8380.JPG
    IMG_8380.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,498
  • IMG_8382.JPG
    IMG_8382.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • IMG_8384.JPG
    IMG_8384.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,497
  • IMG_8383.JPG
    IMG_8383.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,497
Looking very nice! That's going to build into a real beauty for sure.
Loving the colour.

Jamie

Re:

So the clubman is finally complete after 2 months of work (off and on). I've tried to keep as much of the bike original or at least as was when I bought it. Most parts were stripped and fully restored, the levers, stem, bars, and weinman dynamics were all looking quite dull and tired so were sanded right back and hand polished. Unfortunately the cottered crank was completely seized and in fairly poor condition so this couldn't be saved so instead was replaced with a campag record and 53 ring which was also taken back and hand polished. The shifter and rear mech for the 5 speed were also past their best however it was always my intention to run it as a single speed so wasn't too much of an issue. The wheels and tyres were left untouched and while they don't run completely true they're what I'd expect for a bike this age. They're Brampton hubs on sturmey archer rims so I'm pretty sure not original to the bike. Components done, the frame was powder coated and lugs lined gold. Luckily I know someone with a rivet gun so the head badge could be properly riveted back on as I wasn't too keen on trying to find screws to fit. The seat it came with resembled something from a cheap 90s mountain bike so it was swapped out for a brooks professional and bars finished in matching wrap. New cables, chain and a rear cog to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_8396.JPG
    IMG_8396.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_8397.JPG
    IMG_8397.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 1,352
  • IMG_8398.JPG
    IMG_8398.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 1,351
  • IMG_8399.JPG
    IMG_8399.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 1,352
Love it!
argie.gif

Very clean, don't see many green bikes about :). Just out of curiosity what is the frame number?

Wow! That is really lovely.
That is a great looking refurb. You have done a really nice job, it looks amazing.

Jamie

Although not a fan of fixies/S Speed, I have to say that looks pretty damn gorgeous.

Back