My retromod rourke

mpatts

Dirt Disciple
1978 531sl (rourke think!), sold by Paul smith cycles originally. Now wearing campag 9speed ergos, needs a new saddle but blummin lovely so far.

Attachments

• IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,568
late 9 and early 10 speed campag compliments older frames very well imho. Unlocks the performance they've always had in the locker, but still looks the part

bartsince1975":2sy2ag1r said:
Retromod on 9 speed, what does mod stand for? Nice bike and I do like the bar tape.

groupset's 20-odd years newer than the frame

Re:

cce":1a5h4wlu said:
bartsince1975":1a5h4wlu said:
Retromod on 9 speed, what does mod stand for? Nice bike and I do like the bar tape.

groupset's 20-odd years newer than the frame

Yes I know, just not modern to todays standard. One of my favourite groupsets, fits lovely with the frame.

Re:

Thanks for the replies all.

The blue is original yes - it's a bit tatty in places but I actually like it that way (I did think about getting it refinished but decided against it). It even has hand painted 'Paul smith cycles' on the top tube.

The bar tape was a bit of a try out, now it's on I'm pleased I've done it as I like it.

Ref the retromod discussions, I suppose art of this is all driven by the fact in my head a 20 year old ergoshift gruppo is modern, but that's questionable!

What I'm most pleased about is ive always wanted a rourke, and I'm proud to ride it!

Back