198x Abilita

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Built in Dorset by Paul Wilkins

Weight and tube diameters suggests 531c. Race number hanger, cinelli spoiler BB shell, generally a nice thing. Fork is an aluminium one but it's been with the frame for at least 25 years (I bought it from someone who's had it that long) - thread of detective efforts here - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=366842

uIyTr0p.jpg

Bit of a revival, I was trying to sell this when someone pointed out to me that I probably shouldn't have powdercoated the aluminium fork, so I withdrew it, pending finding another fork

anyway I got this part-chrome rossin fork (it's a Columbus SLX new one from a "team racing" frame) over Christmas on ebay

which I think looks better than the purple, breaks things up nicely

probably back up for sale again soon

Somehow this is still knocking around despite my half-hearte attempts to sell it. I recently discovered that Vizual Impact here in Bristol have graphics on file for Abilitas

the result...

9TndlM1.jpg

Re:

Where did you get it painted? what's the approx cost to get a frame done of this quality?

what's wrong with painting aluminium forks?

Nice thread

this is a powder coat job from griff's reality motorworks in Fishponds, Bristol

about £70 or so.

there's nothing wrong with powdercoating aluminium, but this was bonded aluminium, and the glued joint is an unknown when heated for powder

Lovely colour, I'd be tempted to get fork done as well, or maybe white saddle or bar tape to balance it?

Back