F Moser Leader ax Chateaux d'ax 1990

cloonaghpat

Retro Guru
Hi,

I am currently building an F Moser - similar to the pink one Gianni Bugno rode in 1990. The fork is not original, and I hope to have a go at masking it and painting it as per how it would have looked originally.

Pat

Attachments

• f moser 111.jpg
    f moser 111.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 1,469
Re:

I just got the correct saddle - Vetta 200 this week (not shown in the photo) I have to dye it as it is brown not black, but it should look well once finished.

Attachments

• f moser 112.jpg
    f moser 112.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,467
Re:

Now THAT is the right colour for a Moser! :cool: :cool:

Jealous isn't the word, Pat! :evil:

And it's around my size :facepalm: You've even got the brakes the right way around!

I can't take any more! :oops:

Mike

Re:

Hi Mike,

I thought you'd like it. ;) The Vetta 200 saddle should finish it off nicely. I have the dye on order. The frame is in great condition.

Regards,

Pat

Very nice, did the frame come from the bike jumble in Chalfont earlier this month ?

Re:

I was a big Bugno fan Pat, saw him win the Wincanton Classic in Brighton in 1990. The year he won the Giro.

Class on a bike! :cool: :cool:

I'd love one of those.

Bike jumble? :shock:

Re:

Nope, Italian Ebay, I had to change the threadless fork. I bought it frame only. Yes, I am a big fan of Bugno, he was a great rider.

Pat

Attachments

• f moser ebay.jpg
    f moser ebay.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,364
Re:

Glad you went with aero levers, as did GB.

I reckon you'd get something for the sti levers too! :cool:

Win,win!

Re:

I bought the Vetta 200 saddle from a seller in the US. I got chatting about bikes and he asked to see the project the saddle was going to be fitted to. (first time that happened!) I sent him on the photos of the Moser and he gave me a link to his blog. Some really nice photos, there is a 1946 time trial bike, that is just one of the prettiest bikes I have seen and some really nice landscape photography too - well worth a visit and a top guy!

Here is the link

https://marksbikes.wordpress.com/

Latest posts

Back