1980 / 81 Andy Thompson Time Trial Bike

HarryCrumb

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I thought I should post up some pictures of My Andy Thompson Time Trial bike, I think it’s from around 1980/81. It looks like the frame builder did some work with building trikes, he also worked for Orbit at some time in their early days too.
I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking, the bike came to me as is, without tyres, Brake pads and chain. I still need to come across some suitable brake pads to finish it off. When I got it home it had clearly spent a great number of years in dry storage somewhere, webs and dead fly attachments confirmed this. The bike has a lot of dust settled onto grease around all the parts, which a tooth brush and some T-cut sorted out.

Pics here
http://s210.photobucket.com/user/golf19 ... y/Thompson

Yes the seat post actually has a U shape in the bottom to sit around the cable, I'm Lucky that it must have been built for someone my size.

Lovely :). Pedal spindles look like titanium :). Andy Thompson posts on here as Featch.

Chain looks a tad tight though, smaller chainring might make riding it easier :)

Shaun

Loving the detail on that, wow!!

Bang a couple of extra links in the chain though, looks a little tight (prob due to the 57 tooth chainring - f**king heck!)

Stick on the brake blocks (Campag SR) but cut off the metal underneath :)

2a5x8ol.jpg

Shaun

PS there's a similar frame for sale on HS website

Back