Peugeot Build

Grant2307

Retro Newbie
Whenever I have came across a thread relating to a Peugeot bike ID I have always seen this forum mentioned.

My friend gave me one for pretty much pennies as it was sitting around.

Serial number is 1677178 - so looking on Bike Boom I am lead to believe it could be a 1971? I am thinking Peugeot PA10E

I'm not 100% sure what route I would like to take with the bike, I am considering going single speed as I already have an ally road bike with gears.

But that said I have some spare 700c wheels that are 10spd ready, the front fits just need to change the front brakes so the pads actually reach the rim. I am going to try the rear in a moment.

Any advice on what route to take with this bike would be helpful, I know it should be about what I want, but I don't want to open a can of worms and waste too much. I want the bike ride able and enjoyable.

Going to start taking off the brake cables and see if I can remove the seat post also.

Hi,Depends on your objectives. Being brutally honest but not wanting to offend you - it isn`t a particularly nice example of a not very desireable Pug. Its a bread and butter sports model which Peugeot churned out in their millions If it rides Ok and it suits your needs just clean it up and get it running as best you can using scavenged bits . If the seat post is siezed or the bottom bracket needs replacing you could be in for a battle. It may prove to be a sturdy comfortable old ride if not a tad heavy. Whatever you do spend as little cash on it as you can get away with. Good luck .

Latest posts

Back