Battaglin Power+

fiveSixteenths

Senior Retro Guru
Evening all. Ok, have this, looking at (hoping for) a sympathetic restoration, so appreciate any information on it.
Frame is stamped '57' (size, I guess) on one side and '3063' on the other side of the bottom bracket. Also has 'T124" stamped on the rear dropout.
It's tagged as 'EL 101 18 MCDV6' on the frame and forks, which I'm guessing is the tubing spec?
It's lead a sad life and at the moment the stem's stuck and the top tube's fended off some blows, so need to weigh-up whether it's worth sinking the time into...

Attachments

• IMG_0711.JPG
    IMG_0711.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 570
Hello, I see this is an old post, but this is the only picture of this model I have found online. I have from recently what I think is the same model, and would like to maybe one day restore it to original looks, so maybe you could help me with that if you have some more pictures...

Hello, I see this is an old post, but this is the only picture of this model I have found online. I have from recently what I think is the same model, and would like to maybe one day restore it to original looks, so maybe you could help me with that if you have some more pictures...
Hey, sure, happy to. Will dig some pictures out and find the thread for the build and send you the link. Mine’s a 1996/7 or thereabouts, confirmed by Officina Battaglin (who offered to sort the tt dent repaint it, but they no longer have the decal sets so it would have looked like the current livery. And it was €500 which is pretty good value but well beyond my means lol)

345D87DC-192E-4635-8DB4-00544406C082.jpeg C09EDFE5-484E-4ABF-828C-1E741AE48413.jpeg F00A9EA3-BCE6-40EB-A4F7-E7B6F6D05D7F.jpeg
Some archive pics with various different wheel sets and set ups. Currently running Chorus with those Mavic rims that look a bit like Shamals but aren’t ha ha
The bike is rather battered but mostly all there and straight so seemed daft to try and respect it. As someone on here once remarked, it’s only original once ;)

Great! Thanks for the pics, and for the info - I doubt I will go that way through Officina to restore it, but nice to know there is that option. And I only have the frame so sourcing the fork would also bring some trouble. I got the frame at bargain price and also found a nice threadless fork, so I will probably stick with that... Maybe just contact Officina for info about the make, like you did... Still, it was original once and I'm not really sensitive that way ;)

Latest posts

Back