Colnago CT1 B-Stay Titanio

Bisto_Boy

Dirt Disciple
While I'm waiting the 8 weeks for delivery of the Arabesque :cry: I thought I needed a project to distract myself. Being a bit of a Colnago fan-boy I've read a lot about the ride quality of the Titanio's and when the wife spotted this frame in the classifieds (Internet yellow-pages ;) ) at a good price, I thought it was too good an opportunity to miss so an early start on Saturday saw me pootling down the M3 to have a look at the frame. I was a bit worried as the original photos looked to have quite a bit of corrosion on the rear dropouts and I was hoping it wasn't going to be terminal. On inspection the frame was quite tidy with all that's required was a touch-up of the rear drop-outs.

Got it home, cleaned it up and touched up the paint as best I could (not my strong suit) I'm going to build with 10-speed record, a Kysrium wheelset and Deda finishing kit. Really looking forward to riding this bike.

The only issue I've come up against so far is that the gatorskins I have on the wheel set have too bigger a profile and are very, very close to the seat tube. Does anyone have any suggestions for a lower profile 25mm tyre? I've currently swapped to 23mm Schwalbe Ultremo ZX's to give me more clearance, but it doesn't look as good with the skinny tyres

Attachments

• Titanio start.jpeg
    Titanio start.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 778
  • Titanio half-way.jpeg
    Titanio half-way.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 777
Re: Titanio Finished

Just got the bike back from the LBS as I ran in to a few issues fitting the BB and chainset. The bikes all finished and I've just come back from the 1st ride. First impressions are that she is very, very fast. The frame, rear stays and forks do an excellent job of absorbing the road buzz....so much so that I don't think it's pressing requirement to fit the 25mm Clemments Nob kindly advised me on...I'll just wait for the Schwalbe's to wear out and then look to replace them.

Attachments

• Titanio finish.jpeg
    Titanio finish.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 646

Latest posts

Back