Raleigh Dyna-tech circa 92/93/94?

daysnways

Dirt Disciple
picked this up for 150... lovely condition. minor retouch to an inside of a fork leg,very minor loss on bb, but otherwise looks like new!

needs a clean up, especially the transmission.

apparently built up from frame only - spent most of its life in the northern peak district.

Cinelli saddle/stem/bars

1ST Gen Shimano dura-ace crank/shimano 600 Rear mech/105 front mech and brakes, Campy victory levers/shifters unknown (poss shimano?) Campy hubs- Mel Bentley (Leeds) wheel build, unknown rims.

New tyres, bar tape and a wheel true and i'm ready to roll.

Can someone confirm the year .....BB5654 ?

CxBN-NUXAAAEqc5.jpg

CxBODfqWIAA5iQe.jpg

CxBN8M2XAAAhKOg.jpg

CxBOAtiXAAUNyhF.jpg

Re: Raleigh Dyna-tech circa 81-82?

That looks like an early 300 or 400. Would have been running 500ex. Nice frames. Like old Dyna Techs.

Re:

The Dynatech 300/400's were all steel affairs, this will be a 405ti most likely. Pretty sure the Dynatech headbadge (rather than the heron) didn't appear until 93/94 but they re-branded things a few times in the space of a couple of years (Raleigh to Dyna-tech to M-trax).
If you search for "405ti" on the site there's a few come up with the same detailing as this one.

Edit: meant to say the forks look older with that style of crown, usually the 405ti's came with the crown flush with the legs.

Sorry, missed the Titanium/Cro-mo sticker. I thought all Ti Frames were Blue edged stickers. Every day is a school day!

Now't wrong with a 405Ti, in fact I reckon they are a bit less 'whippy' that the more expensive ones as they have an all steel rear triangle.

Stick Legs":oeq0a0zw said:
Sorry, missed the Titanium/Cro-mo sticker. I thought all Ti Frames were Blue edged stickers. Every day is a school day!

Now't wrong with a 405Ti, in fact I reckon they are a bit less 'whippy' that the more expensive ones as they have an all steel rear triangle.
I used to work in a couple of Raleigh shops selling these and even my memory is a bit hazy TBH mainly due to the fact they kept bloomin changing things round but essentially keeping the same frames! :LOL:

Just found the following site where the guy states that the Blue/black Dynatech headbadge first appeared in 94, as I thought.

http://www.vintagesteelrider.com/index. ... of-a-kind/

Re:

thanks for the feedback.

It has a top tube sticker which i should have mentioned - 401Ti - it has rack-eye braze-ons on the drop outs.

The headbadge is the blue black one and it has the little herons head in it top right.

Back