Team Raleigh Dynatech Lo-Pro - track frame

Allshownogo

Dirt Disciple
Finally after many months of working on this off and on it's finally finished!

This is the second of a pair of these Dynatech 2325 Titanium frames that I purchased from Ian Cammish a while back. The cosmetically damaged one (peeling decals and a siezed in bottom bracket that removal damaged the paintwork) was refinished in Raleigh Banana colours with all modern kit, whereas this one needed a touch more technical work on it, but cosmetically was in better condition.

Basically the pair of frames were made by the Special Products Division (Gerald O'Donovan apparently) for Ian's attempt on the hour record in 1991. By a bit of digging around I think this is the first frame which was used for the majority of the track training, however it was found to be too short on the top tube for Ian, and too low at the front end, so a second frame was made for the record attempt itself.

The seat stay bolt had fractured so that had to be drilled out and replaced, and the forks had to be re-finished after a blowtorch had to be used to remove the siezed in stem, but otherwise it's in as raced condition.

I've rebuilt it with a Dura Ace headset, Ultegra brake lever, Mavic CXP12 rims (650c front), Mavic bull bars, Mavic Starfish chainset, Cinelli stem and Cinelli seatpost. It does have a couple of cheats on it as I had o have an Adamo on it, and there's no way I'm riding a 77" fixed with a single pivot brake to slow it down.......this has a modern Ultegra 6800 front calliper on it for proper stopping power.

It looks insane, but rides like a dream!

Edit:
2nd day of riding it today and pulling away from the lights on a hill I did this.......

That made the 6 miles home fun!

The joys of riding vintage equipment........I may have to look into finding a modern bullbar to replace this and offer some proper riding security!

And for those wondering........

This is its brother in full modern setup which is used every week in the spring and summer.

Re:

My goodness!

What an extreme riding position! Do you have more vertebrae than the rest of us? :LOL:
Fantastic bikes, well put together, and good to see that they get ridden. Albeit with the occasional, ahem, hiccup!

Welcome to the forum ;)

Mike

Re:

Nice Rourke too! Position doesn't look as extreme as the Raleigh

Re:

It looks extreme but I am just over 6'5" with very long limbs so it actually works rather well.

Quick vid of it in test run action with my usual TT helmet on to check head position (note my arms aren't as bent at the elbow as Ian's in the picture Nob put up, but I can't hold that bent arm position without armrests, or doing some serious work on my triceps!)

Back