1992 Raleigh Dynatech

Shakka Hislop

Retro Newbie
Hello all,

My name's Jake, I'm a newbie to this forum and a relative newbie to road cycling and all that goes with it (been riding fixed for the last few years...my apologies if that's viewed as treason on here?!)

I was at my girlfriend's dad's house a couple of months ago and saw a bike under cover in the corner of the garage. Upon further inspection I found out it was a 1992 Raleigh Dynatech that looked really nice! Turns out he had owned it since new and it hadn't been ridden outdoors for about 10 years.

It has full Shimano 600 Tricolor groupset, Mavic Open 4 CD rims, Selle Turbomatic saddle and a pretty cool paint job if I do say so myself!

So I broached the subject of fixing it up and getting it back out on the road. Which he very kindly took me up on...

I've replaced the broken STIs and headset (thanks Nikica), replaced chain, cassette, cabling and bar tape and put on the new tyres.

Anyway, here's some pictures of the bike. As I said I'm relatively new to all of this so feel free to let me know what you think!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_3471.JPG
    IMG_3471.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_3469.JPG
    IMG_3469.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 948
Re:

Very nice! just a minor point, but the rear brake cable looks to be too short, and the front one too long...

Re:

Looks like new. I like the rim/tyre combination. May I ask what tyres they are? And are the rims Open 4CDs? Lovely, for sure.

Re: Re:

pliptrot":2o6eqmhx said:
Looks like new. I like the rim/tyre combination. May I ask what tyres they are? And are the rims Open 4CDs? Lovely, for sure.

Thanks Pliptrot! They're Vittoria Corsa 25s on Open 4CDs indeed

stevevw":7e4og10m said:
One of my biggest regrets selling mine 5 years ago. been looking for another ever since.

Ah, that's your bike! When I was trying to find some more info on them it kept popping up.

Very nice. Lovely to ride aren't they!

Out of interest, is there a reason you didn't have the vertical bottle cage on it?

The bolts are just spinning on this one, wonder if it was a common problem with them.

Back