Dave Lloyd Concept90

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have been after a Concept90 for a little while now; just recently I bought a frame with carbon forks from Wold Ranger, but it is probably a touch too small.

So, when I saw one on the bay in my size it went straight into my watch box, a bid was placed and 6 days later it was mine, unchallenged.

The other day this arrived.

DSC_0080_zpsnm5m3rr5.jpg

The end of the axle sticking out of the side of the box was a bit of a worry, but once the box was emptied and the bubble wrap / sellotape spaghetti unravelled, what emerged was a very nice frame.

It was made in 97, so must have been pretty late in production. It's made of Deda Zero which the very first Cats Wiskas I owned was also made of, so a nice light and lively tubeset.

The running gear is currently a mix of Campag, but I think I will change it to Dura Ace mostly because of weight and the lack of 'old legs' friendly gear ratio's. It also desperately needs new wheels, as the Mavics weigh more than my car.

So a late 90's early 00's build.

The paintwork is in great condition and was described as Colnago like. I don't think that's a bad description as there are fades and straight lines as well as characteristic Lloyd curves, all in blue, blue, pink and yellow on a perl white base.

DSC_0053_zps6nsdav1j.jpg

DSC_0054_zpshc1ju7tt.jpg

With this and the King on the go, I am going to be busy / poor.

That looks smart, even though it's a bit after my time :).

The reports that the rear monostay make it feel like the rear wheels are joined to the frame by noodles are completely unfounded :)

Shaun

Re:

Nice!
When you get bored with the one which is too small, please let me know! ;)

Re:

Nice score that man! Same tubing as my Cougar - also Colnago-a-like - apart from the wishbone

Look forward to updates

MIKE

Midlife":1f8ow5mo said:
The reports that the rear monostay make it feel like the rear wheels are joined to the frame by noodles are completely unfounded :)

Shaun

I hope I will be able to put that complaint to bed pretty soon Shaun, it is all dependant on finding some new cranks.

Foz, it will be semi modern I'm afraid, but I'll try to make it as pretty as possible.

Andy, you have a PM.

Mike, only the paint is Colnago like. :mrgreen:

Re:

I'll do my best. :mrgreen:

Struggling to find suitable wheels at present.

I may end up building some.

Re:

Nice, was watching myself but I had already got one Concept 90 and my good lady is only so tolerant.
Decent price, will be watching with interest, as I am not sure what to do with mine.

Back