1986 la Vie Claire Look TVT

stringfellow1946

Senior Retro Guru
I'm just about to start this replica of Greg Lemond's 1986 TDF wining TVT bike hopefully should be finished in a couple of days but it depends totally how i'm feeling from day to day. C-Record Group set, Look pedals, Ambrosia Metamorphis Rims, Cinelli Bars & stem. Rolls Saddle. I will try to get some detailed photos up of it when its finished.

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,440
  • IMG_1525.jpg
    IMG_1525.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,437
Chris my Congratulation!!! - Where you found these TVT9 frame set ??? is it a paint work or original and what kind of fork you
use. Some times they used an Aluminium Vitus too but this looks like a origin TVT similar to the one of a TVT92.
I am looking for a TVT9 for a long time

Such a replica is on a premier position of my wish list too. refer to my Investigation they used mostly a mix of C-Record and former Record components in 1985/86.

Looking Forward to the finalization of this interesting bike with great pleasure

Cheers Thomas

Re:

Looks like a nice little project Chris! :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the end result!. Also with the Z one in the background :cool:

Can't make out the pink one though :? What's that? Looks Telekom colour, but not a Merckx.

Mike

gridno27":2clml3jx said:
Chris my Congratulation!!! - Where you found these TVT9 frame set ??? is it a paint work or original and what kind of fork you
use. Some times they used an Aluminium Vitus too but this looks like a origin TVT similar to the one of a TVT92.

Such a replica is on a premier position of my wish list too. refer to my Investigation they used mostly a mix of C-Record and former Record components in 1985/86.

Looking Forward to the finalization of this interesting bike with great pleasure

Cheers Thomas

Hi Thomas
I have two of these frame sets this one has the TVT fork which the team used & the other has a Vitus Fork again the team used these as well.
The only component I can see for sure thats Not C-Record is the later Super Record Front derailleur & the Cobalto Brakes but they technically were a part of the C-Record Group as they temporarily replaced the first version of the Delta brake.
I'm basing this one around the 1986 TDF Bike but even then I think they used a mixture of frames with TVT & Vitus forks in the race.
I've had the frame resprayed
A good friend of mine thats a top Cycling journalist has spoken to Andy Hampsten about the specs of the bike for me & will also talk to Greg Lemond about it as well at the TDF in the next 3 weeks to hopefully confirm everything.

I've also just finished a 1990 PDM TVT Concorde that is an original frame, NOT resprayed. I will try to get a photo of it on here as well.

Chris

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":6qcmhe8f said:
Looks like a nice little project Chris! :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the end result!. Also with the Z one in the background :cool:

Can't make out the pink one though :? What's that? Looks Telekom colour, but not a Merckx.

Mike

Hi Mike
The Z one is on hold for the moment its a later 1993 one without the alloy lugs on the head tube.
The Pink one is a Mercier.

Chris

stringfellow1946":13c4tgiv said:
gridno27":13c4tgiv said:

Cheers Thomas

Hi Thomas
I have two of these frame sets this one has the TVT fork which the team used & the other has a Vitus Fork again the team used these as well.
The only component I can see for sure thats Not C-Record is the later Super Record Front derailleur.
I'm basing this one around the 1986 TDF Bike but even then I think they used a mixture of frames with TVT & Vitus forks in the race.
I've had the frame resprayed
A good friend of mine thats a top Cycling journalist has spoken to Andy Hampsten about the specs of the bike for me & will also talk to Greg Lemond about it as well at the TDF in the next 3 weeks to hopefully confirm everything.

I've also just finished a 1990 PDM TVT Concorde that is an original frame, NOT resprayed. I will try to get a photo of it on here as well.

Chris

yes indeed - here 1986 on Alpe d'Huez stage Greg used a Vitus fork similar to a 979 Dural

Attachments

• greg-lemond-laple-dhuez_35.jpg
    greg-lemond-laple-dhuez_35.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 2,391
Re:

Hi Chris,

Loving this, can't wait to see the 1990 PDM TVT. I have only ever found three photos of this bike. I will post what I have when you have the thread started.

Regards,

Pat

Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":3jew4q3o said:
Hi Chris,

Loving this, can't wait to see the 1990 PDM TVT. I have only ever found three photos of this bike. I will post what I have when you have the thread started.

Regards,

Pat

Concorde TVT Pat.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,320
  • IMG_1526.jpg
    IMG_1526.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,320
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg