My Retromod Battaglin

mpatts

Dirt Disciple
As it was my 40th birthday recently I treated myself to a Battaglin Frame, in Columbus. I'd be after something with a retro feel, in steel, that I could pair with more modern components - the aim being it would be a bit more accesible than the downtube shifter bikes I have and love, and also (in theory at least) raceable. So here it is! I went veloce to keep the costs down and to mean it didn't become a garage queen. It'll be well ridden.

with the boras on it does look a bit wrong, but I sort of love it. I don't really think the khamsins work, and I've just ordered a Flite as I don't liek the black saddle. I know the pink is a bit OTT, but there is pink in the headtube decal, so I just had to give it a go.

Surprisingly light, about 8kg with the boras.

(hope the pics work!)

Attachments

• IMG_1236.JPG
    IMG_1236.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,242
  • IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,240
Yeah, I agree, that is very lovely.
Being a bit old school I would normally prefer the Khamsins but the Bora's give it a really aggressive stance and think I prefer this look.
Very nice either way and the pink sets everything together nicely.

Jamie

Re:

I think it looks great with the Bora's.

8kg is about right using modern running gear, I have a couple of retro mods that are the same weight

Re:

A quick update.

Now running modern shamals, which feel great but don’t look great. I’m currently looking for something with the same performance but a more retro look.

Re:

I have some Campagnolo Proton wheels that I could be convinced to sell if of interest?

Back