'88 Centurion LeMans

Txn67

Dirt Disciple
Bought this a little over a week ago from the original owner for only $100. He said he bought it for his wife but she never got into it and put less than 100 miles on it. The stock tires showed no wear.

Got it home, turned on the New Wave station, took it apart, ditched the reflectors and dork disc, cleaned/lubed all the bearings and polished all the aluminum parts and paint, put some new tires/cables/pads/chain on along with my trusty Turbo saddle. I've put more miles on it in a week than it had the previous 28 years.

White tape and brake hoods are original and look brand new.

031_zpscpqaqqnp.jpg

042_zps2cyi8nad.jpg

047_zpspkot82kd.jpg

053_zps9qmwc9ev.jpg

055_zpsbkmq6zew.jpg

067_zpszfz5rgel.jpg

081_zpszlqzatyv.jpg

005_zpscajvwedi.jpg

Original tire in this pic.

IMG_1445_zpsetebulsb.jpg

Great find Its always good when you come across little gems like this, I'd probably stuck with amber walls just for the period look. What rims does it have

kingbling":wblhx7pi said:
Great find Its always good when you come across little gems like this, I'd probably stuck with amber walls just for the period look. What rims does it have

The rims are Araya, don't know what model. The tires are temporary, I've ordered some gumwall Pasela PT's for it.

Txn67":1dseqs2n said:
kingbling":1dseqs2n said:

The rims are Araya, don't know what model. The tires are temporary, I've ordered some gumwall Pasela PT's for it.

So happy you have it looks great but those amber walls will really set it off :D

FYI this is my '86 Univega Nuovo Sport I picked up dirt cheap in brand new condition as well. It has 27 inch wheels with 1-1/4 Pasela's and it's the smoothest riding bike I've ever had. The steering is surprisingly quick, the most fun road bike I've had.

060_zpsfkgtfbvx.jpg

005_zpswmx1xs8r.jpg

Re:

Nice bike. I really like those old Japanese road bikes. Centurion was the road brand for Diamond Back in the 80's. You see a lot of those around town where I live. I dream of getting a deal like that one day.

Back