Raleigh SBDU Team Panasonic 531 PRO

OnTheUp

Dirt Disciple
Hello everyone, thought my new bike build would be of interest to some on here.

It's a Team Panasonic Raleigh SBDU 531 PRO frame which i bought a while back. It came refurbished with new Dura Ace headset installed. I've been gathering parts and today was the day that we started bolting bits on. It's going to be Dura Ace parts where possible.

Parts include:
NOS DA hubs laced to Mavic GL330 rims
NOS Cinelli black stem
New San Marco Rolls saddle

Anyway photos

I should also say this is my very first road bike :). I've always been a mountain biker and road biking never really appealed. All this modern mass produced Far East carbon fibre stuff doesn't interest me much, but then a friend put me onto retro road biking and it's more my cup o' tea.

I do have most parts to complete the build, but today i realised that i need them all as immaculate as possible before they go near the frame. They're a bit dirty so i've got a bit of cleaning to do before we can do anymore work.

Big thank you to Craig who spotted this beauty for sale, for helping me pick out parts and getting the build started. Hope to have it finished in a few weeks.

Fastback bikes are faster :) Looking very nice :D

Just out of curiosity what's the number?

Shaun

John J":3iompz8h said:
Very very nice. I have a similar one in progress, but mine's not an SBDU frame

What's the difference between the two? I'm not very familiar with these frames, sorry :oops:

Welcome to the forum! Looks good already :cool:
I think the black stem and silver groupset will look very classy. Can't wait to see it built up!
A build race between you and John J! :LOL:

Mike

Re:

The number would be of interest as mine was one of the last built with the Pro tubeset, and being fussy this livery was referred to as team in the SBDU catalogue.

Jon.

N.B Shaun, as you'll no doubt recall mine doesn't have a frame number, it has a personal ID. It was issued with one but it is on the invoice.

Hi Jon

I did recall you had your own personal ID :) However it's more common to have the usual SB number / H number / size combo. I always wondered why some frames had the size and some didn't?

Shaun

Mike Muz 67":398r4y47 said:
John J":398r4y47 said:
Very very nice. I have a similar one in progress, but mine's not an SBDU frame

What's the difference between the two? I'm not very familiar with these frames, sorry :oops:

Welcome to the forum! Looks good already :cool:
I think the black stem and silver groupset will look very classy. Can't wait to see it built up!
A build race between you and John J! :LOL:

Mike

That's one race I'll be happy to lose Mike. I've pretty much got all the bits, but still need wheels to be built etc.
John

Back