Bob Jackson World Tour

Blackbike

Retro Guru
This is my do it all light touring/audax bike, first ride was today :D . Smooth like butter!!! This is the replacement for my Raleigh whose frame was cracking at the bottom bracket, this bike incorporates the better parts from the Raleigh, and my favorite parts from everywhere else. Though most of it is new, I guess it's vintage (ish) or at least it feels that way to me... Bar tape and mud guards to follow.

: Mike

Re:

Spec:

Frame and Fork: 2015 Bob Jackson World Tour, 631 main tubes and fork blades, with arrowhead lugs, 22 inch

Headset: Campagnolo Record
Stem: GB
Handlebar: GB flared randonneur

Brake Levers: Modolo Professional
Brake Calipers: TRP Revox CX Cantilever
Brake Pads: Kool Stop Dual Compound
Brake Cables: Jagwire

Shifters: Dura-Ace 9 speed Bar End
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Racing-T 9 speed
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT Shadow M772 SGS 9 speed
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: SRAM PG990 11-32
Chain: SRAM PC990 Hollow Pin
Cranks: 170mm Campagnolo Racing-T
Chainrings: Specialites TA, 49, 39, 28
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Centaur
Pedals: KTT Pro-Ace

Rims: Mavic A-719
Hubs: Curtis Odom, Large Flange with stainless steel center hub, 11 speed compatible
Hub Skewers: Campagnolo Record
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: Stainless Butted
Tyres: Conti Gatorskins 700cX32
Tubes: Conti

Saddle: Brooks Swift
Seatpost: Campagnolo 2 bolt Record

Bottle Cage: Arundel stainless

Weight: I'm afraid to weigh it.. :shock:

Re:

lovely :cool:

but to be picky ;)

Why not a rear camp long cage mech ? Think it spoils a bit the lines ( but do not worry - I am a shimano fan - very reliable and even with the cheaper parts - that's how they came to dominate the market ! )
Because of the dura ace bar cons ? you are indexed ? not in friction ?

Re: Re:

bduc61":t91eorq3 said:
lovely :cool:

but to be picky ;)

Why not a rear camp long cage mech ? Think it spoils a bit the lines ( but do not worry - I am a shimano fan - very reliable and even with the cheaper parts - that's how they came to dominate the market ! )
Because of the dura ace bar cons ? you are indexed ? not in friction ?

Hi Bruno.
Yes, the rear is indexed and the front is friction, it's wearing the Shimano rear mech because it has to wrap 42 teeth worth of chain, it would have been nice to go all Campagnolo but it would have limited my gearing and shifter choices to something not quite as wide range as what I have (21 to 120 gear inches), as always all of this is subject to change if it doesnt work for me.
Best Wishes: Mike

Absolutely stunning and all the better for being unique and personal.

Makes me want to refurb the overbury's alongside similar lines. The bars are gorgeous.

Spokesmann":1q12qjb7 said:
Very chunky looking, what size are those tyres?

Hi Spokesmann,
I agree it is a very chunky looking with the 700cX32 tires, but in should work very well with the mix of bad pavement and dirt roads where I ride, and the ride is sublime :D . One of my favorite places to ride in southern California is the Rainbow/Fallbrook areas which is quite mountainous this is why the bike has rather extreme gearing (also due to my not being as young as I once was).

Fallbrook%20homes%20for%20sale%20with%20views.jpg

Best Wishes: Mike

A few words for all who replied that I did not respond personally to. Thank you all for the positive comments and encouragement for my project. This forum holds a very high standards for bicycles and bicycle construction and I'm proud to be a member here.

Back