1973 Pogliaghi Italcorse (Brügelmann Mod. E/M Extra Leicht)

kohl57@yahoo.com

Old School Hero
Purchased on eBay (Germany) back in July 2010, this was only returned to the road on New Years Day 2016 after what I shall just call a tedious and protracted repainting "project".

This is one the special Pogliaghis sold by the well known German cycle mailorder firm of Brugelmann in Frankfurt originally with specially milled, drilled and lightened components and featuring the Faema racing team colours. When I obtained it, only the stem, 'bars and chainset were left and it had been crudely rattle can repainted. It has been completed with stock period correct Campagnolo components. Quite frustratingly, I was outbid on eBay for a set of the original special components which came from a sister machine! So this has been rather a trying endeavour all around but the completed machine is an absolute joy to ride and I guess that's what counts most. Or should.

Full details, specifications and a complete range of photos may be found here:

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/286349/album/857178

Peter Kohler
Washington, DC USA

Attachments

• 1-IMG_6226.JPG
    1-IMG_6226.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 575
  • 1-IMG_6261.JPG
    1-IMG_6261.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 574
  • 1-IMG_6224.JPG
    1-IMG_6224.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 574
That is a story of patience and persistence. Well done.

Such a rare bike, had you been looking for one specifically, or did you see it and then research its history etc?

Beautiful looking bike and, as you say, 'the proof is in the pudding', of how it rides.

Enjoy,

David

Back