My 1982 Raleigh Record Ace

Land_Raver

Dirt Disciple
Hi All,

Have just joined today and would like to show you my original 1982 Raleigh Record Ace. I bought it last year from a Surgeon who had it from new and it has covered less than 1000 miles in his ownership.
The bike was in scruffy dusty condition and I have completely restored it myself. The only items changed have been replaced are the tubes & tyres (which I still have)
Enjoy........
Nick

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 3,345
colour schemes match up nicely & looks elegant more so than can be said about the hedge & paving....

Looks very nice and clean, can tell its a low miler, some discrete lights would make it look even better.

Re:

Thanks for your positive comments, I agree the lights are not that suitable.
As for the bike it feels and is "box fresh" when riding, I had one of these back in 1985 went everywhere on it including cycle touring YHA holidays, happy days. I have upgraded the balloon tyres to some US sourced Panaracer 27x1" amberwall tyres that clear the narrow section mudguards with ease. Will upload some more pictures when I have time.

Re: Spokes Replaced and Wheels Polished

The original spokes lost their tension and were siezed in both wheels so I have replaced them with DT Competition Stainless Steel Double butted Spokes. The wheels were trued and highly polished by myself. The original rear sprocket was also cleaned and serviced. The Record Ace is in regular use when the weather is good. Here is another picture.........

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 2,496
Back