Carlton Corsa. 1971-73

Niallmo

Devout Dirtbag

Converted to S/S with a Sturmey Archer rear cog. I was given the original handlebars too. Might get a vintage rear mech for a nice 5 speed option.

It now resides 5 miles from where it was made in Worksop and I'll probably be riding it through Carlton on Tuesday.

Not ridden it yet, have to wait til Tuesday.

Unusual to see the green Corsa of this era, well to me anyway, most I come across are the mauve ones.

My views on this one are well known on the FB Carlton group.

Re:

Yes indeed. I'm very much of the opinion that it'll go back to an original/vintage spec. Maybe not catalogue accurate but certainly sympathetic to its era.

Re:

Look where we've been today....

Rides very well indeed, super smooth. Very difficult in the windy conditions but some nice Strava segments near the start of the ride.

Some tight clearances.....

Definitely getting its drop bars back.

Those handlebars look bizarre, but comfortable. How do they rate on a longer ride?

Bike looks great BTW!

Re:

Thanks. Did 14 miles today. I enjoyed half of it and hated half of it cos of the damn wind. I liked the bars. Seemed comfy enough. Not much padding in the wraps. Very good for out of the seat riding. Need to tweak the height/levelling if they were staying on but I want to try standard drops on it with some gel bar tape.

World Tour tyres are always a bit tight on clearances. Look forward to seeng more the machine, maybe returned to a bit nearer original spec? :)

Spokesmann":ptai2wyi said:
World Tour tyres are always a bit tight on clearances. Look forward to seeng more the machine, maybe returned to a bit nearer original spec? :)

What would be an appropriate rear mech and shifter? Sachs Huret? IIRC you have a svelte on one of your bikes?

Niallmo":14nv4kna said:
Spokesmann":14nv4kna said:

What would be an appropriate rear mech and shifter? Sachs Huret? IIRC you have a svelte on one of your bikes?

My Corsa bikes have a mixture of Huret Svelto and other mechs, depending on how I've configured the bike.

I like the old Huret levers, they are simple and effective.

Latest posts

Back