Saying Hi and a few of my bikes, Andy

windym

Dirt Disciple
So hi guys been around a bit on here figured I would introduce myself and post some of my bikes. Mainly into Lo Pro,s so here are a few of mine I will get around to putting them all up at some point.

Ex TDF Lo Pro from around 82/3 resprayed and badged Stonehenge Cycles.

Concorde Aquila Lo Pro 1991/2

MB Cycles Dronfield Lo Pro

Tommy Quick re-sprayed and badged Doug Empson early 80,s should be finished this weekend

And a Koga Miyata ex team 1992 TDF being built up

Andy

Re:

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum ;)

Looks like a nice collection you have there! :cool:

What on earth is the chainring on the first one! :shock:

Like the Dronfield too.
What's the story with the TDF ones?
Which teams, etc.?

Mike

Hi thanks, the chainring is French early 80,s made by Reydel, the Stonehenge cycles was purchased by Pip who owned Stonehenge Cycles in 82/3 along with two other Ex TDF lo pro,s.

Two were Gazelles my one was purchased by a customer and the decals applied, unfortunately Pip could not remember the team the bike came from.

The Koga was 1992 Team Tulip Computers, there are a couple of the bikes seen in the 92 time trial video on You-Tube.

Andy

Very Tidy collection indeed. The stonehenge bike is a beauty! Where's the chow chow though?!?!

After your tip-off previously re: those Reydel rings, I bought a set - can I ask - have you ever tried to run them as a double? After a test run I couldn't get a front mech to work with the extreme shape.

And that looks like my old rear mech on the Dronfield ;)

Hi Finney hows things? Yup your old rear mech working perfectly swaping cogs, I did get the two chainrings to work with a TT 6 speed rear, it is tight and fairly fiddley.

In the Koga pic you can just make out Noodle, not bothering to move and fairly disinterested but thats Chow Chows for you.

andy

Hi Andy, ah yes - I see him now. Life of riley.

What front mech did you employ when running the reydels as double? And I assume it was a band-on mech?

Cheers

Real nice fleet there. Been trying to date that MB, but it's got me stumped? I worked at MB Dronfield in '93 and it must be a real early one with the decals like that. I'm always interested when MBs pop up on here to see where they ended up. Big fan of the Concorde too. It's a 26 like mine but yours is a few years younger. The first two numbers of the MBs frame number date it. Keep up the good work. ...Luke.

Back