Peugeot Comete project

bowser

Senior Retro Guru
Pechiney aluminium with pressed in lugs
1987 model In decent condition just gave it a polish with the autosol
And came up nicely
Will be building up over winter managed to get most parts together
Going for shimano 105 7speed with down tube shifters
(Tapes holding inner brake cable in place as its internally routed)
Looking forward to riding in spring (hopefully) :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,738
Loved mine. Was the silver and blue, also 1987, came with 105 Biopace. Unfortunately I pulled the seat tube out of the BB twice, once on original and once on replacement frame. Both times going hard uphill in big ring. No glue in there, just a hydraulically formed interference fit. But a lovely ride.

Re:

I've read a few stories of frames being faulty
Will have to wait and see I only intend riding fairly flat
In good weather anyway. Definitely one for the summer :cool:

Re:

Guru, I have one of these. Acquired in 87/88 for around £400 GBP. Dusted off for the first time in 20 years recently!
I am also doing a full refurb. In the late 80's I put a full 105 groupset on mine, lately put modern 105 shifters on and now looking to replace most parts wit a new groupset. The frame is in excellent condition and gives a vey smooth ride indeed, no cracks on the joints whatsoever. I also replaced the front stem for a more modern look and managed to squeeze a 24mm shimano 600 seatpost somehow. Original mavic velotech rims.

I'll post some pics once I'm done. Your decals look in good shape. I would like to replace the peugeot decal if possible, I saw some on eBay recently but the blue doesn't look quite the right colour so have not purchased, do you know of any other decals available?

Back