Not that retro, but I hope you approve! Motorsport new build

Captain Vimes

Retro Guru
I have just finished another of my motorsport themed builds, following my Gilles Villeneuve Ferrari and Jim Clark Lotus, this is a 1990's Columbus steel framed bike with full modern SRAM groupset based upon the Hans Stuck / Stefan Bellof Jagermeister Group C Porsche 962.

Re:

Nice!!
That's a 956 tho.. Bellof didn't drive Walter Brun's 962 in Jagermeister colours ;)

Still though an awesome-themed replica! Lots of motorsport themes work really well with bikes, and Jagermeister looks awesome, from the NSU TTs to the March 751s to the Alfa 155s; Group 5, DTM, F1, Group C - a really great choice!

Is that one of the limited edition Charge leather saddles too? How do they feel on a long journey..?

Re: Re:

Osella":1zl7tm3j said:
Nice!!
That's a 956 tho.. Bellof didn't drive Walter Brun's 962 in Jagermeister colours ;)

Still though an awesome-themed replica! Lots of motorsport themes work really well with bikes, and Jagermeister looks awesome, from the NSU TTs to the March 751s to the Alfa 155s; Group 5, DTM, F1, Group C - a really great choice!

Is that one of the limited edition Charge leather saddles too? How do they feel on a long journey..?

You sir are even more of a petrol head than I am! I did make an error in that it is a 956, not a 962. Depending upon you view point that is either an awesome, or very sad, spot...

The saddle is indeed a limited edition Charge Pan. Very comfortable and built to last. I bought a Charge Spoon due the the good reviews, and that is a good saddle. However I bought a Charge Pan when they were on offer and found it very comfortable, so I actually have 3 more of them in my parts bin as when they sold off the remainder I bought as many as I could at £8 a pop!

Re: Re:

Captain Vimes":gfohdmaj said:
Osella":gfohdmaj said:
Nice!!

You sir are even more of a petrol head than I am! I did make an error in that it is a 956, not a 962. Depending upon you view point that is either an awesome, or very sad, spot...

The saddle is indeed a limited edition Charge Pan. Very comfortable and built to last. I bought a Charge Spoon due the the good reviews, and that is a good saddle. However I bought a Charge Pan when they were on offer and found it very comfortable, so I actually have 3 more of them in my parts bin as when they sold off the remainder I bought as many as I could at £8 a pop!

I also bough the charge saddle on special and it is great. Unfortunately I only bought the one and they now cost £30 :-(

Re:

I didn't buy one.. But that's because I wasn't sure about the back of the saddle for an MTB-commuter if I took it off-road. Wishing I had now, based on the comparison to the Spoon.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a petrol-head, but specifically racing cars, not road - and in particular sportscars. I grew up with the 956/962 as 'the' racing car. Probably sad but got books on them.. Love the Jagermeister Alfa 155 too, tho the colour wasn't quite right.

Anyway, back to the bikes! I've just finally finished a Ti hardtail Porsche 917LH in '71 Martini colours that's taken a few years.

Do you know what the frame/bike you had was, or just a case of being unknown & so a good candidate for a Jager conversion?

Re:

Great colour scheme and a very nice looking bike.

Is it always that clean? :mrgreen:

Re:

Well how about a two wheeled replica?

Like this, King Kennys' YZ500

Should be a Roberts though! :LOL: :LOL:

Or an mtb perhaps,

A bit Freddie Spencer on his Rothmans Honda NS500 maybe?

A bit of a hero BITD

Mike

Attachments

• KR GP bike.jpg
    KR GP bike.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 740
  • Fast Freddie!.jpg
    Fast Freddie!.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 740
Back